? ??????????????Blue Flower Shadow? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (70 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 16957 Total G
rabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????I Love Rock N' Roll? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 4952 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Blue Warple? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

On Friday, my day reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books--Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. I think that I have that right. It has been a long time since I have seen that book. I pulled into my parking spot at work and I heard something pop. I looked around my car and didn't see anything until smoke began billowing from my hood. I thought my car was on fire. I looked under the hood after I finally figured out the latch and there was fluid all over the place. I called Tommy and he figured out the problem quickly. Thankfully, I made it to work because the pop was a radiator hose. OK, no major problem...Tommy can fix it easily. Then as I am just beginning my first procedure of the day, the day care calls and says that Jaycie has pink eye. What in the world was I to do about that with a patient on the procedure table and a non functioning car in the parking lot. I was able to hold the day care off for a bit. I really didn't (and still do not believe that she had pink eye) She got something in her eye playing outside on Thursday and we rinsed it out and I think that it was irritated. Tommy came up to work on his lunch break to fix the car in case I could get away to go get Jaycie, but I was scrubbed in and was unable to bring him my keys. Not that it was going to happen for me anyway on a crazy busy day at the Heart Hospital. Tommy's job is still a bit tender because he is so new and I hate to do anything to compromise his job by having him leave for the day. It has been wonderful to us!!! And then, we were rescued by Tammy who I work with. She offered to help and was our angel for the day. She picked Jaycie up from school and made it to the pediatrician's office (without much notice). Totally took care of everything at the office and even paid my copayment. She then proceeded to take Jaycie for ice cream and lots of shopping. What a day she had...and continues to talk about. She came home with a bag of dresses, 2 pairs of flip flops, a pair of sunglasses, and a few McDonalds toys that she had stashed and entertained Jaycie with. When they came back to see me, one of the surgeons took this picture in the hall of the hospital with his phone and sent it to me. I am glad that Jaycie had a wonderful day because mine was quite stressful being at work and unable to take care of anything...especailly not getting the keys to Tommy because I was in the middle of a procedure. My procedures for the day were long and frustrating too, which added to my anxiety. A "special" doctor flipped out on us all and was careless and sprayed blood on me and the scrub tech while screaming etc. etc. That's what I felt like doing too throughout the day. Many many thanks to Tammy for saving the day. Jaycie and I love her and are so grateful for a wonderful friend!!!

2 comments:

tammyjo said...

LOL! (and I love Lenny’s pic) I’m sorry it was so stressful from your end…but Jaycie, Karley and I really did have quite a fun afternoon. I was utterly entertained by stories of Henry the snake, Tyson, Sugar and what the Easter Bunny brought. (and thanks to the blog, I have now seen photographic evidence of the “loot”)
Jaycie loves dino’s and Jurassic Park. Green ice cream, blue clothes (even though she settled on a pink dress I could tell she was drawn to various shades of blue) She shared with us a saga of falling off the trampoline and hurting her back and informed me that she would need "floaties" (on her arms)when she took me up on my invitation to come swim in my pool.
I laughed so hard at all the faces she made that were "KIM". She is such a little you.
Glad I could help. I had a blast.

lexie said...

What a day. Hopefully the weekend was better!