? ??????????????Blue Flower Shadow? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (70 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 16957 Total G
rabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????I Love Rock N' Roll? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 4952 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Blue Warple? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jaycie's swim lessons (and Nathan)

Jaycie has swim lessons at the Bethany YMCA every Tuesday and Thursday in June. She loves it and is doing very well.
Her first class, the instructor didn't show so she joined another group. I was not really thrilled with everything that day. The second class, she has a swim instructor and only one other child in the class. It was great for her because she gets a lot of one on one attention. She is learning so much and should be swimming by herself soon, I think!



Nathan at Jaycie's swim lessons...
Day 1
As we walk in to the pool area, there are several parents and children hanging out waiting for instructions. As I am scoping out the area looking for a good place to plant ourselves, Nathan is preparing himself to swim. I don't notice this until much damage is done. I look beside me and Nathan is stark naked. He sees my expression and innocently states, "I wanna fim mommy." I promptly dress him and look around to see how many people were watching.



Nathan Day 2
Nathan is very active on day 2. We were sitting on the side of the pool in a corner. I brought books to attempt to keep him entertained...they did not. He slowly scooted toward the water and put his feet in. When bored with this, he got one of the swim noodles out of the bin and pretended to be fishing. I allowed these small things to keep him quiet and not drawing attention. I was able to capture a few pics of Jaycie during these times. He then wanted a picture of him. Shortly after this picture was taken, he decided to take off sprinting beside the pool. So much for not drawing attention to himself. With all of the instructors being lifeguards, their were several shouts of "Walk!!!" Nathan didn't seem bothered by any of the pleas. At this moment I was torn between following him and pretending that I didn't know him. Of course, I followed him...but he made it back to our spot before I was half way around the pool. I felt like I was on stage as I walked in front of the other parents on the bleachers. I knew what they were thinking.... I am glad that my kid didn't do that! This was one of my proudest motherly moments.

0 comments: